Saturday, January 20, 2007

Life Always Throws You for a Spin

Life is funny, isn't it. Somehow when it seems that you are doing good,BAM, it hits you with a life changing event. In my case it hit me with two life changing events, one after another. November28, 2005 I was blessed with a beautiful baby girl, although it wasn't planned. So i sucked it up and said this is one of life's BAM's. So me and the father of my child tried to be together like a family, me vowing to not have another child by him. So we tried the family thing for about 4 months. Me and him had I disagreements due to him not contributing to the household. He moved out in April 2006. I then began working full-time, and i enrolled in school last semester full-time. People often told me that I shouldn't be working like that, but I had to in order to provide for my child and pay the bills. I did this for about two to three months I went to the doctor to find out why I was so fatigued all the time, me thinking that i was always tired because of work, school, and raising a child. Then the day of my doctor's appointment, he came in the room, and hit me with another BAM, I was pregnant with my second child by the same deadbeat father of my first born. I thought my life was over, but I thought and thought about it. I then decided that I was going to still finish what I started with school and work. It is hard but I get a lot of support and help from my mother and sister. See have life always throws you for a spin

1 comment:

Ashlea said...

My son is only 3 or 4 months older than your first child. He was unexpected as well and I'm not with his father anymore either. So, I can completely sympathize with you. It's tough being a full-time mom, working full-time and trying to get an education for yourself. I just keep telling myself, "This isn't for you...this is for your child." I know that with all of my hard work, my son will reap the benefits when he's older. And having a mom who works hard for her career and her education is definitely the kind of role model I want to be.

If you ever need to just vent about being a young mom and whatnot, there's definitely an ear over here willing to help you out!!